GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
JEROBOAM is not a cycling race, but a cycling-touristic event, which takes place without racing character in normal road traffic according to STVO 1960.
Participation in JEROBOAM is at the own risk of all participants. The organizer and the road authorities do not guarantee, among other things, a suitable condition of the road and are not liable for damages and accidents that should happen to participants of JEROBOAM due to the condition of the traveled route and the traffic on it! All participants have to insure themselves with a licensed insurance company for any liability cases that may arise!
Organizer, date & place
JEROBOAM is organized by the FABULOUS UNLIMITED UNURBAN CYCLING KLUB based in Velden am Wörthersee in cooperation with selected partners in Carinthia, Austria. The route is located in Austria, with the 300 km variant located in Austria and Italy. Depending on the relevant COVID-19 legal requirements at the time of the event, the association reserves the right to conduct the routing on Austrian soil throughout. JEROBOAM Austria will take place from Friday 01. 10. to Sunday 03. 10.
JEROBOAM Austria offers three route variants: 300 km, 150 km and 75 km.
Each participant has the right to freely choose a route, which must be indicated at the time of registration. The route choice cannot be changed after registration. Before the event, all participants will be provided with a GPX file for the respective route choice. The information about the length and the altitude of each route can be found on the official homepage www.jeroboam.bike.
Conditions of participation
On the part of the organizer no daily insurance is offered with the registration. It is therefore the responsibility of each individual cyclist to carry out the appropriate medical checks of their sporting fitness and to take out personal insurance against damage to themselves and third parties.
Participation in the event is allowed only to those who are eligible for the event, who have paid the participation fee and have independently selected the appropriate distance for physical fitness. In case of an accident, the participants will be held responsible for the damage caused.
The organizer may decide at any time and at his own discretion, without any obligation to give further reasons, whether or not to accept someone's registration.
Participants are obliged to equip themselves properly on their own responsibility before the start of the event.
- Sufficiently strong lamp with enough power capacity for the 300 km route
- Technical device for GPX track use with sufficient power capacity for the chosen route
- Suitable clothing according to the season
- Sufficient liquid and food for the start
- First aid kit
- Sufficient tools and spare materials in case of breakdowns such as multitool, spare tube, pick tool, pump, chain lock, brake pads, etc.
- Cell phone
- Identity card for crossing the border into Italy at 300 km variant
Safety & road regulations
The road is not closed to traffic & other people along the entire routes and all participants, without exception, must comply with the provisions of the Road Traffic Regulations 1960. In particular, other traffic must not be endangered and impeded as little as possible and only the right lane may be used without exception. In addition, special attention is drawn to the prohibition of cutting corners, the right-hand driving regulations, the priority rules as well as traffic light regulations and behavior at traffic circles. All participants must allow pedestrians to cross the road unhindered at all crosswalks according to STVO 1960.
The purchase of registration or tickets to participate in JEROBOAM Austria takes place exclusively via a booking system on www.jeroboam.bike and can be made by credit card payment or instant bank transfer.
If a participant cannot attend the event, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the participation fee. However, the organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to evaluate each case individually. Postponement of participation to the following year is not allowed.
Maximum time for support
There is a maximum time to complete the courses, which is stated on the website www.jeroboam.bike. No medical assistance or cab transportation will be provided by the organizer.
Food, Drinks & Accommodations
The JEROBOAM Austria event is a self-supported bike event. Each participant is fully responsible for their own catering with sufficient water and food along the route. The existing refreshment points or recommendations along the route are provided solely as an additional supplement and without guarantee that each participant will be able to take advantage of them. In addition, every participant who needs a place to sleep has to organize this on his own responsibility. The overnight accommodations suggested by the organizer are only recommendations.
All complaints must be sent by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to the organizer within fifteen days after the publication of the arrival list.
For further information, the organizer can be reached at the e-mail address email@example.com.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the rules at any time. The website www.jeroboam.bike is the only place where official information about the event can be found. Therefore, all official communications will be made known only through it. In light of new environmental and/or health circumstances and/or changes in the regulatory framework, the organizer reserves the right to make the appropriate changes to the regulations at any time as a result. The official website of the event, where these regulations are published, is the only reference for information about the event. Therefore, it is not possible to refer to any other content that was present in previous communications via newsletters, in the press or in social media.
Cancellation of the event
If the event does not take place due to force majeure, the amount paid at the time of registration will not be refunded.
Approval, Consent & Authorization
By officially registering to participate in JEROBOAM AUSTRIA, applies to each participant from the moment of registration:
- The participant declares to have read and understood the present regulation and to accept all its parts.
- The participant may not consume or be influenced by alcohol, drugs or narcotics during the event.
- The participant declares to be in correspondingly good physical condition for the chosen respective route length. By registering the participant, he/she releases the organizer from responsibility for any damage that the participant may suffer as a result of participating in the event.
- The organizer disclaims any responsibility for himself and all employees for any accident or damage to persons or property that may occur before, during and after the event or as a consequence thereof. It also reserves the right to exclude from the event cyclists who misbehave before, during and after the event.
- The participant agrees to the use of his data also for commercial purposes, including but not limited to the publication of the name in relation to the results of the event on the website www.jeroboam.bike in accordance with art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and articles 12, 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 679/2016.
- The participant gives the organizer the consent to use any video or photo taken during the days of the event in the manner permitted by law, including for profit, and gives the organizer the right to transfer these images to third parties.
- The aforementioned permission to use one's image must be indefinitely and without territorial limits throughout the world for use in various publications and films, including but not limited to promotional materials and/or advertising on any media. The Organizer may also transfer the rights of use provided for in this Agreement to third parties and their institutional and commercial partners.